At rigneydolphin.ie we take your privacy and the protection of your information seriously. We have created this policy in line with the Data Protection Commissioner guidelines to demonstrate this commitment and to tell you how we handle and use your data.
If after reading this policy you have any questions, please contact us using the details below.
Please review this statement periodically as we will amend and update it from time to time. This policy relates to transactions and activities in which you voluntarily engage and it relates to data gathered on Rigneydolphin.ie but it does not extend to any offline activities between you and any of our third party advertisers.
We endeavour to comply with the guidelines laid out by Ireland’s Data Commissioner in the collection, protection and distribution of data we may collect about you on our website. You should be aware of your rights and your right to contact us;
Data Protection Officer,
IDA Industrial Estate,
Information collected on our sites and applications is stored in whole or in part in Ireland
Information We Collect
We collect information about you when you use our sites and applications. For example, depending on the services you use, we collect:
- Your name
- Contact information such as address, email address, telephone number
- Information about your education, occupation, skills and experience, awards, memberships and affiliations, activities and interest
- Information imported by you or your connections from third party applications
- Information about third parties, such as references or contacts, that you provide to us if you have their express written consent to do so
- Your preferences, occupation, career history and interests
- Your age & gender, if you choose to provide it
We automatically collect information about how you use our sites and mobile applications, the areas of our site that you visit, as well as information about your computer or mobile device including your IP address, device ID, physical location, browser and operating system type, and referring URLs. This information is necessary for providing personalised and location-based content as well as for analysing the use of resources, troubleshooting problems, preventing fraud, and improving our services. We may combine this information with information in your account to help prevent fraud.
How We Use Information
We use the information we collect to provide our services, respond to you, operate and improve our sites and applications, and foster a positive user experience..
By registering with Rigneydolphin.ie, by managing your profile, or by opting in when presented with choices, you have consented for us to use your information in the following ways:
- to create a profile for you based on information that you have provided to us
- to provide personalised, targeted, or location-based content, services, and advertising from us and third parties;
- to contact you about feature updates, informational and service-related communications, including important security updates;
- to provide you with additional communications, information, and promotions such as newsletters and career advice;
- to inform you of other products or services available from Rigneydolphin.ie or its affiliates;
- to enable you to contact us and for us to respond to you to conduct surveys, promotions and contests, and to publish the results thereof;
- to provide information about you and your potential interest in job postings to employer customers;
- to provide products and services to employer customers to complete the recruitment and hiring process;
- to provide products and services that enable users to network, post information on bulletin boards, view and compare profiles;
- to generate internal reports about the use of our sites and applications;
- to detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal; and
- to make suggestions and draw inferences about you. For example, we may make suggestions about people you may know or additional jobs, products or services that might be of interest to you. Or, if you identify yourself as “Mrs.” we will assume you are female.
How We Share Information
One of our primary purposes is to provide you with a platform to broadcast the information in your CV and profile widely in order to maximise your career opportunities. We do not share information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes unless you affirmatively agree to such disclosure.
By applying to a job or providing your contact information to show interest in a job, you consent to the disclosure of your information to that employer.
We may also aggregate data regarding job qualifications, schooling, age, experience level or other information relevant to the job search. This aggregated data does not identify users individually, and may be made available to employers or fellow job seekers or community members. If we create a co-branded site with another company, information will be retained by both companies and subject to the privacy policies of both companies which will be published on the co-branded sites.
- We disclose information if legally required to do so, or at our discretion pursuant to a request from a governmental entity or if we believe in good faith – after considering your privacy interests and other factors – that such action is necessary to: (a) meet legal requirements or comply with legal process; (b) protect our rights or property or our affiliated companies; (c) prevent a crime or protect national security; or (d) protect the personal safety of users or the public.
- We may disclose and transfer information to a third party who acquires any or all of Rigneydolphin.ie’s business units, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets. In addition, in the event Rigneydolphin.ie becomes the subject of an insolvency proceeding, such information will be disposed of in a transaction approved by the court. You will be notified of the sale of all or a substantial portion of our business to a third party by email or through a prominent notice posted on the site.